Makefile Request for NT Version

Daniel Morissette danmo at videotron.ca
Fri Mar 10 10:38:43 EST 2000

> David Armstrong wrote:
>
> could someone please email me the correct makefile's or project file's
> etc for mapserver 3.3.008 for NT, under visual studio if possible
>
> Thanks
> David
> david.armstrong at dtn.ntl.com

In order to build MapServer on NT, you will need makefiles and also the
regex package which is not standard in MSVC++.

The following ZIP file contains the regex source and the makefiles ready
to build MapServer on NT using MSVC++ 6.0:

    http://www2.dmsolutions.on.ca/mapserver/ms_vc_makefiles.zip

Extract the ZIP file on top of your ms_3.3.008 directory and follow the
instructions in the README.VC file to compile.

These makefiles compile only the basic MapServer without any optional
component (i.e. no TIFF, no PROJ.4, no FreeType, etc.).  I am planning
to start building MapServer with all these optional components as well
and will make my other makefiles available when I have them, likely
sometimes next week.

Also, for those looking only for executables, a version of the 3.3.008
exectuables can also be downloaded from:

    http://www2.dmsolutions.on.ca/mapserver/ms_3.3.008_win32.zip

Once again, these do not include any of the optional components... but I
should have a new version with at least TIFF and FreeType soon.

Regards,
 Daniel Morissette                       danmo at videotron.ca
              http://pages.infinit.net/danmo/