From query to browse???

aborruso at spaziogis.it aborruso at spaziogis.it
Mon Nov 13 13:20:09 EST 2000

Dear all,
I point to a particolar object of a layer by this example url (in example a
city layer):
http://nadir/cgi-bin/ismaele.exe?map=C%3A%5CInetpub%5Cwwwroot%5Cnadir%5Cmapserver%5Cesempi%5Cusgs%5Cmap%5Cquery.map&mode=itemquery&item=NUM&value

001

In the the template file I have the following image field:
<input type="image" border="0" name="imageField" width="300" height="300"
src="/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=[map]&mapxy=[shpmidx]+[shpmidy]
&buffer=0.01&mode=map">

In this way I see that object centered on my map. Then I would like to
navigate in this map (pan and zoom), but also to select a point in the map
to have the informations about that particolar city (number of inhabitants
in example). But I can assign only a query template to a layer in a map,
and I have just used the query to template to have a map centered to the
point of my interest. How can have the possibility to query in the map to
have other informations, pointing to an other query template? Is it
possible for mapserver to draw a map with only that feature that has a
particular value by a syntax like
http://nadir/cgi-bin/ismaele.exe?map=C%3A%5CInetpub%5Cwwwroot%5Cnadir%5Cmapserver%5Cesempi%5Cusgs%5Cmap%5Cquery.map&mode=itemquery&item=NUM&value=001?

How is it possible?
Thank you,