Wide line symbols

Berend Veldkamp b.veldkamp at zonnet.nl
Thu Nov 16 07:01:36 EST 2000

List,
There must be an easier way to do this: Draw a white line 8 pixels wide
(or even wider) and a gray border (if I didn't make myself clear, see
attached file).
One way that works is: draw the same layer three times to do this, with
the following symbols:

# Right side of line
  style
    -4 0 0
    -3 0 0
    -2 0 0
    -1 0 0
    0 0 0
  end

# Left side of line
  style
    4 0 0
    3 0 0
    2 0 0
    1 0 0
  end

# Border
  type styled
  style
    -5 0 0
    5 0 0
  end

I tried to create a symbol of 8 pixels wide, but this one seems to draw
8 pixels on one side of the line instead of centered.
I found some messages in the archive that mentioned changes in the
symbol thing, what's the status of this?
Will it be possible to use (marker)symbols which aren't in the symbol
file? And scaled line symbols?

Berend

ARIS - Hooghiemstraplein 126 - NL 3514 AZ Utrecht
tel. +31 30 2769180    -    fax. +31 30 2733578