PHP DrawReferenceMap

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Nov 16 10:32:39 EST 2000

Berend Veldkamp wrote:

> Do I need something special to get DrawReferenceMap going in PHP? When I
> do
> $map->drawReferenceMap();
> All I get is:
> Fatal error:  MapServer Error in msDrawReferenceMap(): Unable to
> initialize image. in refmap.php on line 4
>
> (Line 4 = $map->drawReferenceMap();)

You get this error when drawReferenceMap() fails to load the base
REFERENCE map IMAGE.

Make sure that the file specified for REFERENCE -> IMAGE in your .map
file exists, and that it is in a format that your version of GD
understands, i.e. GIF for GD < 1.6, PNG for later versions.  (Could also
be JPEG if you have GD 1.8 compiled with JPEG)

 Daniel Morissette                morissette at dmsolutions.ca
                 http://www.dmsolutions.ca/