PHP DrawReferenceMap

Berend Veldkamp berend.veldkamp at aris.nl
Mon Nov 20 04:07:37 EST 2000

OK, it took some time, but here's what I found out:
Both PHP and MapServer are compiled with GD 1.8, PHP is 4.03, MapServer is a
nightly build from about a week ago.
The PHP module is probably not what's wrong, I get the same error
(msDrawReferenceMap(): GD library error. Unable to initialize image.) when I
use standard mapserver.
Any thoughts?

Berend

Berend Veldkamp wrote:

> >Berend Veldkamp wrote:
> > >
> > > Everything seems OK, the image is there, I also tried using the full
> > > pathname. But still no go.
> > >
> > > Only the image needs to exist, not some kind of reference file, like
> > > ArcInfo uses, right?
> > >

> >No you don't need a reference file with the image.  You specify its
> >georef extents in the REFERENCE object in the .map file.
> >
> >Could you check using 'phpinfo()' if PHP is compiled with GD support,
> >and if it is then make sure that it is the same version as the one that
> >MapScript was compiled with.  That should not be a problem if you're
> >using the system GD for both.  (BTW, what are your PHP, MapServer, and
> >GD versions?)
> >
> >You could also try displaying your reference map using the mapserv
> >CGI... at least then we would know if it's a problem in the low-level
> >MapServer or a conflict somewhere in the PHP installation.
> >
> >Please let me know what you find and then we'll see what we can do.
> >--
> >  Daniel Morissette                morissette at dmsolutions.ca
> >                  http://www.dmsolutions.ca/

ARIS - Hooghiemstraplein 126 - NL 3514 AZ Utrecht
tel. +31 30 2769180    -    fax. +31 30 2733578