Looking for UK Users of mapserver and some interested engineers.

Carl Taylor cjtaylor at exchange.wcities.com
Tue Nov 21 06:57:13 EST 2000

Hello,

I have been following this list for several months now and seen it grow from
a few messages a month to the current encouraging discussions.
Congratulations to everyone involved.

My interest is twofold, Firstly I am looking for people who use Mapserver
who are based in the UK and would like to discuss experiences with them
first hand. Secondly I am looking for very experienced Software engineers
who have some Mapserver experience and may be interested in a couple of
projects that we have on hand at wcities.

To give you some background on wcities we provide Location aware
applications based around city guide information.  We have a team of writers
based around the world writing the content that appears on our site.  The
content is then licenced or provided as part of an ASP service to our
clients.

We have over 230 cities live in 75 countries and will have almost double
this number next year. The information we create is in multiple languages
including Japenese, Chinese, French, German, Spanish, Italian and more.  A
mapping application is a very important addition to our services and
Mapserver looks like an ideal candidate.  A major part of our focus is on
Mobile Phone applications so a wbmp rendered output is an important addition
to the platform, but as GD already supports this format should not be a
problem.  We are also involved with internet based interactive television
services.

Other projects we have underway are
    -- Geocoding of information for addresses in all the cities
    -- turn by turn directions for all the cities.

Quite a mamouth task and a project that I am sure someone, or several
people, would be very interested in undertaking.

If you would like to know more about this project then please contact me at
the following address cjtaylor at wcities.com <mailto:cjtaylor at wcities.com>

Many thanks,

Regards

Carl Taylor

Director of New Media Technologies

wcities.com - The world's premier location based information service
provider.

Tel:+44 1489 557543

http://wap.wcities.com <http://wap.wcities.com/>

http://www.wcities.com <http://www.wcities.com/>