spatial indexing

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Nov 23 22:19:39 EST 2000

The cell-based code is old and has been replaced with the tree-based stuff. I keep the old stuff around for the heck of it. The tree code is what you should use. It's faster, and has smaller, machine independent indexes (in CVS version) . Neither used much memory.

I hope to see even more improvement on the tree code in the near future...

Steve

>>> Vladislav Kurnosov <vkurnosov at st.infotecstt.ru> 11/23/00 01:13 AM >>>
Hello,

I have noticed that there are two methods of spatial indexing
in Map Server, by using quad-trees or cell-based.
What is the best method in terms of speed, memory usage, disk space?

Best regards,
Vladislav Kurnosov
mailto:vkurnosov at softech.ru