Mapscript question

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Nov 29 11:23:17 EST 2000

Assuming you on a unix box. Just 'cd' to the mapscript/perl directory and
do your normal:

perl Makefile.PL
make
make install

You don't need swig. If your nabbing the distribution directly from the CVS then you will need swig. Again, 'cd' to mapscript/perl and do:

cp ../mapscript.i .
swig -perl5 -shadow mapscript.i
perl Makefile.PL
make
make install

MapScript has not be compiled for Win32 so you're on your own there.

As for SDE. Support is limited to rendering SDE layers. Queries of SDE are not yet supported but should be in the near future. SDE version 8.x libraries are expected...

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Gernot Ruecker" <gruecker at zebris-geoconsult.de> 11/29/00 03:53AM >>>
Hi,

I am trying to use mapscript for perl and don't really now how to get the module running. Do I have to swig it for use ? How do I do this ?
Another question: On the mapserver homepage they say that mapserver could also access ESRI SDE data? Are there any experiences with this ? We're working with ArcSDE for Oracle 8i.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Bye

Gernot

P.S. I very much liked the mapping application for the Canadian elections. Mapserver seems to be quite enduring.

Gernot Ruecker
ZEBRIS GbR
Geoinformationssysteme und Consulting
Lipowskystr. 26