MapServer installation

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Oct 24 01:54:25 EDT 2000

Yup. GD 1.8.3 is not fully supported in 3.3.011 but is in 3.3.012. That's not really causing the error just more of a heads up. To fix the error change any references to GIF images (i.e. the reference image)
to point to a PNG equivalent.

BTW For just getting started I'd recommend just using GD 1.2 and GIFs. No demo mods needed then.

Steve

>>> Lyndon Zimmermann <lyndon.zimmermann at adelaide.edu.au> 10/23/00 23:48 PM >>>
Greetings all,

I've downloaded the MapServer, PROJ-4, gd1.8.3 and freetype Source, run
./configure and make on the latter three then MapServer and copied the
mapserv binary to my web root, /var/www/cgi-bin. I now get
"loadSymbol(): GD library error" when I try to run Initialise in the
MapServer demo.  Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Lyndon Zimmermann