inline feature in map file HOW???

matt matt at aruke.com
Tue Apr 3 04:28:46 EDT 2001

mapserver version 3.3.011,
platform linux red hat 6.2

hi,

i'm trying to use a mapfile to draw an inline feature with no shapefile.  my
failed attempt is down below.

i know my gif 'redarrow' is ok because i tested it on the demo by replacing
all the symbols with 'redarrow' it showed up fine
can anyone see anything wrong?

once this works, i would like to include multiple instances of the same
bitmap on the same map.  i'm pretty sure this is done by simply adding more
points, but i'm not sure of the format.  also i'd like to have multiple
bitmaps on my zzz layer,  from the documentation this is done by a relation
of the Feature class setting and the class expression string, but i'd like
to see an example.

thanks for any help,

Matt

--------MAPFILE ------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------

NAME DEMO
STATUS ON
SIZE 600 600
MARKERSET symbols/marker.sym
EXTENT 138.8663 35.5158 139.7185 36.2986
UNITS DD
IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
INTERLACE OFF

WEB
  HEADER demo_header.html
  TEMPLATE demo.html
  FOOTER demo_footer.html
  MINSCALE 1000
  MAXSCALE 1550000
  IMAGEPATH "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/tmp/"
  IMAGEURL "/tmp/"
  # LOG "demo.log"
END

LAYER