[mapserver-users] conflicts between MapServer and ColdFusion?

Nyk Cowham ncowham at forumone.com
Mon Apr 23 18:14:59 EDT 2001

David:

MapServer should in no way conflict with ColdFusion. We are currently
running MapServer (using perl mapscript) with many regular CGI scripts
in both perl and C. On the same server we are running ColdFusion, PHP,
and Jakarta Tomcat (JSP/Servlet engine). All of these services are
discrete and do not conflict with each other. Our configuration is that
PHP handles pages with a .php/.php4/.php3 extention, ColdFusion handles
files with a .cfm extention and Tomcat handles .jsp files.

So long as you have no conflicts with filetype handlers (i.e. the
webserver
is not configured to run ColdFusion for all files including .htm/.html
etc.)
you should experience no conflicts.

Hope that helps

Nyk Cowham
Forum One Communications
http://www.forumone.com/
Communicate Collaborate Change the world