[mapserver-users] Rectangle on a map

Doug Nebert ddnebert at fgdc.gov
Fri Apr 27 15:43:14 EDT 2001

I'd like to be able to pass a request to a mapserver along with
four bounding coordinates and have it display a map with a rectangle
on it.  I see this concept applied in the inset map example in some
of the mapserver applications where it makes a .gif file with this
on it. In fact the http://130.11.52.184/global.html does this but
I'm not sure how to translate it to a GET response.

What kind of arguments to the mapserv program would work, or does a
special handler program need to be written?

Doug.
--
Douglas D. Nebert
Geospatial Data Clearinghouse Coordinator