[mapserver-users] MapServer Hosting Services from TopoZone

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Mon Apr 30 12:49:46 EDT 2001

Folks -

We have been providing the TopoZone (www.topozone.com) service, with
complete, interactive access to seamless topographic maps of the entire
US, since November, 1999.  We're about to expand that service with a
number of new initiatives adding more interesting data layers and a
richer mapping interface.

We're doing that by building applications on MapServer, and using our
experience in building and managing high-volume mapping sites on the
Web.  The TopoZone is visited by over 250,000 different people every
month and we serve over 5 million maps a month.

In addition to our own applications, we are offering a new hosting
service for MapServer users.  We've found a number of situations in
which GIS consultants and developers are working with customers to
develop MapServer applications, only to find that they don't have the
interest or the means to host those applications on the Web after
they're built.  We're now offering that service, using our experience
and skills to provide that last piece of the Web mapping puzzle.  Our
MapServer hosted sites run on the same production-level equipment in a
fully managed data center environment that our TopoZone site uses.

In addition, our hosting customers can take advantage of our complete
topographic raster data as a basemap layer.  This summer we'll be adding
1-meter DOQ coverage as well.  There's no need to pay to acquire and
store those data sets, because they can be served as part of TopoZone's
hosting arrangement.

My apologies for the "sales pitch" but I thought the users on this list
would be interested in knowing about our hosting services.  Let me know
if there's any other information you might need about MapServer hosting
- thanks!

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
Chief Mapmaker