[mapserver-users] Using data on Mapped Drives?

Hankley, Chip Chip.Hankley at GASAI.Com
Thu Aug 2 09:52:41 EDT 2001

OK,

I'm just posting this for the sake of the Archive... the bulk of the
information on this topic can be found under the following thread:

RE: [mapserver-users] msDrawRaster TileIndex TileItem Location HELP!

The problem is one of permissions... specifically one of the default account
that PWS or IIS uses when trying to access resources from the Web Server.
This is very well explained in one of the posts from Ed McNierney in the
above thread.

If you are using IIS, follow his instructions. In PWS, the process is almost
identical. If you took the default installation of PWS from the NT 4.0
Option pack, then:

Start->Programs->Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack->Microsoft Personal Web
Server->Internet Service Manager

Under Internet Information Server, choose the machine, then the Web Site,
right click on the web site and choose properties.
  Select the Directory Security Tab...
  hit the EDIT button under "Anonymous Access and Authentication Control"
  Select the EDIT button by "Allow Anonymous Access"
  Select "Browse" and choose a Username that has access to the resources you
want the application to connect to.

NOTE! Make sure you read the thread referenced above! There are security
issues when doing this which you should be aware of.

Cheers!

Chip Hankley