[mapserver-users] PROJ.4 interpretation of "geographic"

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Thu Aug 2 12:42:02 EDT 2001

I'm trying to discern the exact meaning of the "geographic" projection
in PROJ.4, and I'm a little puzzled.  In particular, I'm trying to
figure out what ellipsoid is used to interpret the geographic
coordinates.  That is, is "geographic" the same as "proj=latlong
ellps=clrk66" or "proj=latlong ellps=GRS80" or something else entirely?
This should be findable somewhere, but I haven't been able to figure it
out.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
Chief Mapmaker