[mapserver-users] embedded scalebars and legends, labelrequires

Bruno Gendron bruno_gendron at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 2 16:26:12 EDT 2001

Hi

I'm using the most recent (nightly build) Win32
binaries for version 3.5 with PNG and OGR support
(mapserv.exe created on 08-01-01), and I still get the
following error when I try to embed scalebars and/or
legend:

Fatal error: MapServer Error in msGetBitmapFont():
Invalid bitmap font. Must be one of tiny, small,
medium, large or giant.

Steve Lime said that this problem had been solved and
committed to CVS.

Also, will Truetype fonts be eventually supported in
legends and scalebars ?

Finally, I try to use the new LABELREQUIRES and
REQUIRES mapfile parameters, but I always get the
following error:

Warning: MapServer Error in getString(): (["cities"] =
1): (169).....
Fatal error: Failed to open map file
mapfiles\worldquery.map.....

Any idea?

Thanks

=====
Bruno Gendron
Consultant en TI et en geomatique / IT and GIS Consultant
Lachine, QC Canada, Tel: 514-634-7024

"Quand on connait l'equilibre, on ne se passionne pour rien,
   on ne s'attache meme pas a la vie, car on est la vie."
 Emile Cioran