[mapserver-users] Compilation/ESRI SHapeLIB

Richard Ford mapserver at cubok.com
Wed Aug 8 01:54:51 EDT 2001

G'Day All,

I did the ldconfig thing.  And it works.

Funny thing is though, when I compiled PROJ with
a --prefix=/usr/local/projlib and compiled map server against that
directory.  And added /usr/local/projlib to ld.so.conf and ran ldconfig,
mapserver would still fail in the same way.

However doing a straight ./configure of proj so that it would install to
/usr/local/lib and adding that to ld.so.conf, mapserver did work?

Strange?

Richard.