[mapserver-users] PHP / MapScript Useage

Dave McIlhagga mcilhagga at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Aug 10 09:00:17 EDT 2001

Hi Everyone,

It's been about a year and a half now since we first released PHP /
MapScript to the MapServer community.  In that time, I have noticed on
the list what appears to be a rapid growth in it's useage.

We're continuing to seek opportunities for funding related to further
enhancements to MapServer and ongoing support of PHP / MapScript.  It
would be a big help to us if we could get a sense of how large the user
base is for the PHP/MapScript module and how it is being used.

I would appreciate it if I could get a quick note from those of you
using the module indicating:

1. Type of organization
2. Brief description of how PHP/MapScript is being used in your
organization
3. Number of applications in use.

Please respond directly to me as I'm sure the whole list doesn't need to
see all of this.  I will only use summary information only, not
individual information to assist us.  I'm expecting to get quite a few
messages, so I can't promise I'll be responding to each message, but I
will post a summary of our findings to the list in case anyone else out
there is wondering.

Thanks for all your assistance.  With any luck, it will result in
further enhancements to MapServer for all of us to enjoy.

Dave
--
Dave McIlhagga
President, DM Solutions Group