[mapserver-users] help! About Character-Set used in label

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Aug 10 10:31:29 EDT 2001

This is more a GD issue than MapServer. GD bitmap fonts have very limited character sets
so they won't be of much use. However, newer versions of GD with Freetype have been extended to
deal with international character sets and should support just about anything as long as the correct
character mappings are present in the font.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Zhou Xu <zhox at yeah.net> 08/10/01 01:18AM >>>
Hi,

I am using mapserver and php/mapscript,but I am troubled by the Character-set. I mean there are a lot of Chinese characters in my data, but I can't put them as label on the rendered map, which is necessary for me.

would you please share your experience with me?  any words about this is appreciated.

Zhou,Xu
ZiZhuYuan BaishengCun No.1
NGCC
Post Code, 100044