[mapserver-users] what 'bout mapserver's future

Michael Scharber mscharber at josh.ucsd.edu
Fri Aug 10 12:49:38 EDT 2001

I couldn't agree more with both of you.  I've only just started playing
with MapServer and already I am thoroughly impressed by both it's ease of
use and rich functionality.

One thing someone should write though, is an Oracle Spatial CONNECTIONTYPE
(and support for it of course).  That way someone with Oracle Spatial, but
no SDE (could you imagine paying for and maintaining both), could just
plug in their layers from "Spatial" and be up and running with MapServer
in no time whatsoever.

Anyway, thanks to MapServer I have renewed faith in publicly available
spatial software...especially web mapping software like MapServer.  Keep
up the excellent work! :)

Michael