[mapserver-users] Earth Force Green.org site launched

Nyk Cowham ncowham at forumone.com
Fri Aug 10 16:45:23 EDT 2001

> > However, the client argued that if we include links to
> > MapServer, then why not also include links to Apache,
> > MySQL, PHP and all the other software we have used
>
> Why not indeed. Perhaps a page for "About this site's
> technology" where all of the players could be credited
> would be appropriate.
>
> just a thought,
>
> -matt

Oh absolutely! As an open source developer working with mostly open
source solutions I am encourage giving due credit to developers and
showcasing the underlying technologies of the sites we build. However,
this client is not interested in the fact that we use open source, and
they do not want any references to underlying technology on their site.
However, many of our other clients really don't care about what we do
with the credits pages we add and I try whenever possible to use them as
an advocacy platform for the open source software we use.

Nyk.