[mapserver-users] PHP QueryByPoint

ANDREW WOOLEY AWOOLEY at mountainland.org
Wed Aug 15 17:36:13 EDT 2001

Folks,

I have a strong feeling that the answer to my question is something I can find in the docs, but I am not sure where to look so I turn to you.

I am using PHP mapscript on RedHat 7.1 and am finally getting it.  However, I am having some strange behavior occurring when I querybypoint.  The results come back correctly and it all looks good except that my map extent returns to the original each time.  In other words, if I query, the map zooms out all the way.  I have not found a place in the code where it should do that.  Also, I am not sure how to high light the shape that gets clicked.  If anyone can point me to some simple code that will show this, I would be much obliged.  By the way, I am using the gmap code already and it is great, but I can't work my way through it to figure out where the shape gets highlighted and how to maintain the current map extent.

Thanks very much for your patience and assistance.

Andrew

Andrew Wooley
GIS Operations Manager
Mountainland Association of Governments