[mapserver-users] watermarking

Matt Carlson matt at aruke.com
Wed Aug 15 23:37:25 EDT 2001

here's my solution for a baseline copywright embedded on the map using perl
mapscript.  company-logo points to a pixmap symbol in my markerset file.

##### place copywright on map ############################
  $layer = new layerObj($map);
  $layer->{name} = "copywright";
  $layer->{type} = $mapscript::MS_POINT;
  $layer->{status} = $mapscript::MS_ON;

  $class = new classObj($layer);
  $class->{name} = 'copywrightclass';
  $symx = $map->getSymbolByName($mapscript::MS_MARKERSET,'company-logo');
  $class->{symbol} = $symx;

  $lat_pix = ($latdf * 2)/$setmh; ## setmw and setmh are map height and
width values.  latdf and londf are lat and lon degree distance values across
the map.
  $lon_pix = ($londf * 2)/$setmw;

  $cpy_lat = $lat - ($lat_pix * 262);  ##these will change dependant on map
size (262,170)
  $cpy_lon = $lon - ($lon_pix * 170);

  $point = new pointObj();
  $point->{x} = $cpy_lon;
  $point->{y} = $cpy_lat;
  $point->draw($map,$layer,$img,'copywrightclass',undef);

  $layer->draw($map,$img);

what i'm looking for is some way to prevent people from right clicking the
map gif image on the browser screen and saving the map image onto thier
desktop.  the effect i'm wanting is when someone does save the map image,
somehow an embedded image shows up with a big copywright message in the
middle.  i thought company's like digimarc and ewatermark were doing
something similair to this??

matt