[mapserver-users] Problems with latest CVS Version - TrueType support

Doyon, Jean-Francois Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Thu Aug 16 11:11:04 EDT 2001

Hello,

I just got and compiled the latest CVS and am having some trouble!

It seems to keep choking on anything with the word "TRUETYPE" in it!

At first it was in my annotation layers with TrueType labeling, I would get
an error like :

getSymbol(): Symbol definition error. (8):(221)

This would point to the line "TYPE TRUETYPE" within a LABEL object within a
CLASS ... (The first "T" of "TYPE" to be exact).

So I removed ALL the annotation layers just to at least to render a map,
BUT, now it chokes on the exact same line in my symbol definitions!

Here's an example of such a layer:

LAYER
  NAME cities1
  TYPE ANNOTATION
  STATUS DEFAULT
  DATA pop15_pt
  MINSCALE 10000000
  MAXSCALE 20000000

  LABELITEM "name_commo"

  CLASS
    SIZE 6
    COLOR 0 0 0
    SYMBOL 'city'
    LABEL
      COLOR 0 0 0
      OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
      TYPE TRUETYPE
      SIZE 8
      FONT arial
      POSITION AUTO
      WRAP " "
    END
  END
END

And such a symbol:

SYMBOL
  NAME 'natcap'
  TYPE TRUETYPE
  FONT geo
  FILLED
  ANTIALIAS
  CHARACTER "r"
END

Any ideas??? Could the CVS version be broken ? configure picked up on my
FreeType library no problem as well, and is indeed linked to it (Checked
with ldd).

Thanks you,

Jean-François Doyon
Internet Service Development and Systems Support
GeoAccess Division
Canadian Center for Remote Sensing
Natural Resources Canada
http://atlas.gc.ca