[mapserver-users] cosmetic shadows

Carlo A. Bertelli bertelli at charta.acme.com
Fri Aug 17 09:10:34 EDT 2001

Hello,

I would like to have some cosmetic shadow...

If you have ever seen the maps of the french cadastre (circa 1810) you
would appreciate very much the effect of a sort of shadow 'projected' by
the buildings. This helps very much in understanding what is built and what
is not.

I would like to produce the same effect offsetting a copy of the building
layer, classifying it with solid black and putting it 'under' the building
layer.

This effect, I think could be produced via the proj module, considering
that the offset should change with scale (nearly unperceivable at a little
scale, large when seen at a larger scale).

I understand this is not a very useful, but any suggestion will be highly
appreciated.

Carlo

Carlo A. Bertelli
   Charta   servizi e sistemi per il territorio e la storia ambientale srl
            Dipendenze del palazzo di Clemente Doria,
            via alla Chiesa della Maddalena 9/2 16124      Genova (Italy)
            tel. +39(0)10 2475439          fax +39(0)10 2475439
    e-mail: bertelli at charta.acme.com      http://www.charta.acme.com