[mapserver-users] Itemquery example in latest Mapserver 3.5

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Aug 22 16:07:22 EDT 2001

I popped the 3.5 version of the test suite at:

  http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/mapserver_demos/tests3.5

Two of the 3 itemquery examples work fine. The second one is busted although
it worked fine under Linux it's not under Solaris. I hope this is a clue to a nasty
bug I've been tracking but I haven't had time to sit down with it. Anyway, you can
look at example one to get a feel for how this works. Basically you set the new
layer parameter called FILTER to execute an itemquery and that filter is used
to generate a query result set. This is *much* more powerfull than the old method.
The FILTER is either built using the new %name% substitution in map files (this allows
you to substitute form vars directly into mapfile layer filter and class expressions) or
by building the expression using javascript and submitting it via the map_layername_filter
CGI variable.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> <DebasishS at riskinc.com> 08/22/01 08:52AM >>>
hi ,

Can anybody provide me an example as to how itemquery and itemnquery needs
to be performed.
it seen whole lot of stuff has changed with MapServer 3.5

cheer
debasish.

Debasish Sahu.
Senior Software Engineer