Opacity, Gdal, OGR, MapInfo and projections...

Frédéric Marchand bomek at egeolog.com
Wed Jan 3 09:30:55 EST 2001

Hello there!

MapServer run great! But there is still some questions i asked me.

I would like to know if MapServer support Opacity (or transparency) for
shapefile. I mean, i have a region shapefile over a geotiff and i would like
to see the tiff under region (which is opaque)

Also, when you zoom in the raster, it become very pixelized and since openev
blur the raster when you zoom in and it use gdal, i was wondering if
MapServer can do that.

And with the projection, some of them make segfault mapserver (like Boggs
Euphormic) and some take years to render (like Mercator or UTM). I mean
years, cause i never seen the rendered map!!

And at last, i have seen a post to how to use OGR with .tab, but i lost the
post... (i use kmail instead of mailx now... :-)). I did that so far:

LAYER
  NAME test
  STATUS ON
  CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
  DATA data/W80w56N63n45.tab
END

Sorry for the bad english and thanks a lot!

Fred