MapServer Workbench, Windows install

Tom Poindexter tpoindex at nyx.net
Fri Jan 12 11:43:07 EST 2001

Daniel Morrisett sent this bug report, but I accidently replied directly to
him, rather than back to the list:

> Also, when I first installed workbench, I tried to place it under
> "C:\Program Files", it installed, but never worked.  I fixed the
> shortcuts that were created in the program group to use quotes around
> the path... this allowed the tcl scripts to start at least, but they
> gave errors right away, related to Widget something (forgot the exact
> name).  Perhaps you could add a note in the Windows installation
> instructions that the path where workbench is installed should not
> contain spaces.

Daniel's advice is sound  - for now, don't install the Workbench in a
directory that contains spaces, like "C:\Program Files".  Instead,
unpack the archive in C:\msworkbench, or similar until I get this
fixed.

--
Tom Poindexter
tpoindex at nyx.net