FWD: AIX partly success

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Jan 17 11:38:43 EST 2001

"Peter H.M. Jacobs" <peter.jacobs at ah21sn06.kpnhs.nl> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I've come a bit further on the AIX problems, but now get the
> message on my
> browser : php_mapscrtipt.so doesn't seem to be a php library

Peter,

I think I've seen that message before, it happens if PHP cannot find the
module's entry point in the .so: get_module()

Make sure your php_mapscript.so does include the get_module symbol:

   # nm php_mapscript.so | grep get_module

It it's not there, then it may be that php_mapscript.c was not compiled
with -DCOMPILE_DL defined... but it seems to be there in your makefile.

About your Makefile problems, could you try using GNUmake?  That may
help.  Of course, it would be better if the PHP Makefile did work with
AIX's make, but I don't have access to an AIX system to test it, so at
least until it can be fixed you would be able to compile your module.

 Daniel Morissette                morissette at dmsolutions.ca
                 http://www.dmsolutions.ca/