tiff misinterpretation

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Jan 23 17:36:52 EST 2001

Looks like a problem with the binary tiff file reader. There are just darn many tiff
flavors it's tough to test them all. I don't have time at the moment to work out the
bug. It's probably simple and is located in mapraster.c in the tiff reader if anyone
wants to take a shot. I'll fix in the next release which is my main focus at the moment.

The workaround is to convert to greyscale, 4-bit or 8-bit. I know the loss in compression
will create much larger files. Hopefully you don't have too many or can convert just a
few for development.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Jaroslav Serdula" <serdula_jaroslav at vse.sk> 01/23/01 02:50AM >>>
Hi,
I have serious troubles with some kind of tiff files.
I included one tiff (orig.tiff) and MapServer response (msout.png).
Originally those problematic files are created by MicroStation 95/SE.

Thanks a lot,
j.s.