database access

Matthias Schulz schulz at gaf.de
Wed Jan 24 03:04:05 EST 2001

I tried to find out what is possible with combining MapServer
(MapScript) with databases by looking throught the archive but it is
still difficult to me to get an overview. I am new to MapScript so I
just want to know if the things are possible I want to do before
spending too much time on it. There are two things I would like to do:

1. Access attributes in a database by a spatial query (query by point,
polygon...)
2. Display maps based on a classification on the attributes in a
database

Is this possible using MapScript and Perl (DBD Module) or is there a
better aproach?
Sorry if this is something already discussed, but I am still not sure
about this and would really appreciate some help. Perhaps there are some
examples on this somewhere?

Many thanks,

Matthias

--
Matthias Schulz
GAF mbH   Arnulfstr. 197   80634 Muenchen   Germany