[mapserver-users] Support for dynamic segmentation / event display? (FWD)

teb teb at mallit.fr.umn.edu
Thu Jul 5 10:29:09 EDT 2001

From: Müller Ulrich <Ulrich.Mueller at bd.so.ch>
To: "'mapserver-info at lists.gis.umn.edu'" <mapserver-info at lists.gis.umn.edu>
Subject: Support for dynamic segmentation / event display?
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 16:29:10 +0100

Hi

We need to dynamically extract point events and linear events from a
measured polyline theme (e.g. the user may enter an identifier for a route
plus a measure along the route, then MapServer should display the location
or the segment on the map).

I know that the newer shapelib reads 3D-shapes. However I have not come
across a way to create events within mapserver. Anybody knows?

Uli

Kanton Solothurn
GIS Koordinationsstelle
Rötihof