[mapserver-users] How to get Webdings font to work for symbols?

Beau Gunderson bludwulf at crackrock.net
Sat Jul 7 05:57:33 EDT 2001

Is there anything special I have to do to get Webdings to work for
symbols? I can get other truetype fonts to work, such as the ESRI fonts.
(esri_1.ttf through esri_8.ttf) When I try the same thing with Wingdings
(specifically wingdng2.ttf in win2k, although I'm trying it out on a
freebsd machine) I just get a rectangle. (The typical undefined character
rectangle). I notice that in the specs some characters are called in the
&#num; format. That doesn't seem to work either. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Beau Gunderson