[mapserver-users] Annotation layer, text and backgroundcolor

Hockaday, John JohnHockaday at auslig.gov.au
Thu Jul 12 04:38:15 EDT 2001

Hi,

I have used the following text in my map file to write "Maps by AUSLIG" in
the bottom left hand corner of my image map.  I have tried to set the
"backgroundcolor" to draw a box around this text to make it stand out from
the map features but it doesn't seem to work.  The 'backgroundcolor" works
for layers that are of "type" point and where I use the "labelitem" but not
for this layer where I use "type" annotation and the "text" element for the
text.  Does one of these cause "backgroundcolor" to fail or have I messed up
my "layer" definition somehow?

Thanks in advance for your help.

John Hockaday

LAYER