[mapserver-users] install

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Jul 17 08:50:09 EDT 2001

Benoit Véler wrote:

>     I am trying to install mapserver under W95, and apache. My pb is
> that I can't manage to install the demo.
>     * I can read perfectly well the page
> http://localhost/ms_demo/demo_init.html
>     * when I hit "initialize", the next page give me the error message :
>
>     loadLayer(): Unknown identifier. (QUERY):(149)

Benoit,

You are likely getting this because you're using MapServer 3.5 with the
demo for version 3.4.  The QUERY identifier (in the .map file) is gone
in version 3.5

You can either install and use MapServer version 3.4, or use the 3.5
demo that was posted by Steve Lime on the list a few days ago:
  http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/mapserver_demos/itasca.tar.gz

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca