[mapserver-users] ScaleHint

Rob Atkinson rob at socialchange.net.au
Thu Jul 19 11:06:29 EDT 2001

No problems here at all, these issues have been anticipated.

The WMS spec allows vendor specific parameters to be used, and it also allows
fixed parameters to be included inthe URL root

eg this is a valid service URI:

http://mymaps.com/mapserver?map=topo

The "unit of address" is the LAYER - if you have multiple configuration files
and have to negotiate which layer is being used then sure, you have to implement
your own under-the-hood mapping to identify the map file.

Since map files are the source of capabilities documents though (correct?) it
seems logical to define each map file/script binding as a service with its
unique serviceURI

Rob Atkinson