[mapserver-users] General Information on MapServer

Laurent THOMAS LTHOMAS at sqli.com
Thu Jul 19 12:21:10 EDT 2001

Hi folks,

I heard about MapServer this morning for the first time so i'm kind of a
rookie here !
What i'd like to do is create a 4-level-map of my country (France, hee hee!)
to include it in an Intranet.

Is it possible to display data on each level, knowing that this data would
be values
held in a database ? If so, how does this work? i didn't find anything about
that on the website so far.

Also, is it possible to create a map from a GIF/JPG file ? is so, how?

i know all this may sound like silly questions, but i need to know if
MapServer can handle my needs before i start using it.

Thanks lots for your time,

Laurent THOMAS