[mapserver-users] msDrawRaster TileIndex TileItem Location

Ballard,Lowell LBallard at YesVirginia.org
Tue Jul 31 08:55:23 EDT 2001

I'm not sure how things NT work but.....I would imagine the account the
webserver is running as would need privileges to the data on the share.
Have you tried blowing open the privs just to see if that fixes it?

You might try dumping a simple shapefile over on the share and adding it as
a layer in your .map file.  Just to see if things on that level work.

I added my Image Catalog as a POLY layer when I was debugging the same thing
a week ago or so.....just for sanity.

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Greenwood [mailto:Rich at GreenwoodMap.com]
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2001 6:14 PM
To: mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu
Subject: [mapserver-users] msDrawRaster TileIndex TileItem Location

Hello All,

I am on an NT machine and I can't seem get my TileIndex to work when the
TileItem Location references a mapped network drive, or a UNC path. I get
an error:
     " msDrawRaster(): Unable to access file. "
But it works fine with a local drive letter. Anybody have any knowledge of
this problem?

Thanks,
Rich

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS