mapsctipt and tcl followup

Tom Poindexter tpoindex at nyx.net
Mon Mar 5 11:28:11 EST 2001

On Sun, Mar 04, 2001 at 02:32:06PM -0800, Milton Hill wrote:
> In your answer you refer to "libtff" and my error contains "libttf" is that correct or is there a typo? I have nothing libtff*... I'm assuming libttf

Yes, I mistyped 'libttf'.

> Error in startup script: couldn't load file "/usr/local/lib/MapscriptTcl1.0/libM
> apscript.so": ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/wish: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/l
> ib/libtiff.so: symbol __eprintf: referenced symbol not found
>     while executing
> "load /usr/local/lib/MapscriptTcl1.0/libMapscript.so"

This is a problem that sometimes arises when GCC and native compilers are
used to compile various libraries, and GCC isn't involved in making the final
link.  The '__eprintf' is an object that only exists in GCC's gcclib.a.  gcc
will normally resolve that symbol, using 'ld' may not.

Try the suggestion in the Mapscript/Tcl README:

  COMPILE PROBLEMS
  Some users have reported link or runtime errors, most notably when
  mapscript_wrap.c is compiled with gcc, but using ld to link the shared
  library.  If you experience this problem, try re-running the configure script,
  adding the '--with-linker-cc' option to the configure command line.

--
Tom Poindexter
tpoindex at nyx.net
http://www.nyx.net/~tpoindex/