Also having problem with Rosa Applet and PHP4

Doug Bryant doug at starss.net
Wed Mar 7 13:59:06 EST 2001

Hello,

I am also having problems with the Rosa applet and PHP4.  I am using PHP
version 4.0.4pl1 and Mapserver version 3.4.  I will list compile options
below.

The problems I am having is different than the ones that Christian was
having.  I believe the problem is in the Rosa Applet.  When the applet is
turned on, using the gmap75 example, if it zoom in with a bounding box, from
say Whitehorse down to Victoria and east to Winnipeg, the resulting map that
is drawn is a very Zoomed in view of the border between the US and Canada
just below Regina.

This happens when I try to zoom in on any larger area.  When I am zoomed in
very tightly to an area, it seems to work properly, but that area is very
small.

If I turn the applet off, it seems to work properly and zoom in gradually,
but the bounding box is not available.

Any help or pointers is appreciated.

Thanks, Doug.

Here is my setup.

Redhat 6.2.  Apache 1.3.14

PHP is compiled with these options:
./configure --with-interbase=/usr/local/interbase
--with-config-file-path=/etc/httpd
--with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs --enable-safe-mode
--with-regex=system --with-zlib --with-gdbm
--enable-debugger --enable-magic-quotes'
--enable-track-vars --enable-sysvsem --enable-sysvshm
--with-xml' --with-ftp --enable-dbase
--with-pgsql=/usr/lib/pgsql

Mapserver was compiled with these options.
./configure --with-php=/usr/local/src/php-4.0.4pl1 --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs
--with-gd --with-jpeg --with-proj=/usr/local --with-ttf=/usr/local --with-tiff