Scalebar, legend, ref. map from mapscript

Neel Smith neelsmith at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 17:11:15 EST 2001

I've written a simple application using perl
mapscript.  I would like to decide whether to render
scalebar, legend and reference map based on whether
they appear in the user-selected map file.  I had hope
that something like
if (defined($map->{scalebar})) ...
would work, but it seems as though defaults for these
get added to the map object when it is created,
whether or not they are in the map file.

Is there any reasonable way to identify from perl
whether or not the map file contains a definition for
these components, or should I just burden the user
with an additional cgi parameter to turn them on/off?

Neel Smith
neelsmith at yahoo.com