Symbol File error

Frank Koormann frank.koormann at intevation.de
Fri Mar 9 03:01:53 EST 2001

Ricardo,

I am not sure if you already solved your problem, however :

* Ricardo Wagner Martins (ricmar at pro.via-rs.com.br) [010306 18:05]:
> Dear all,
>
> I am using Mapserver 3.4 and PHP4. I altered the demo.map and
> symbols.sym file of ms_demo example but there are 4 symbols in the layer
> "roads" that gave me error in the command line SYMBOL:
>
> msLoadMap(): General error message
>                       Undefined symbol "us_highway_shield" in class 1 of
> layer roads.

Please check your demo.map file. Either you should have a line like
SYMBOLSET symbols/marker.sym

in your file, to define the markers, or you insert the contents of
symbols/marker.sym in the SymbolSet file named in your map-file.

Regards,

    Frank

--
Frank Koormann                              http://intevation.net/~frank/