Maps?

mark.wilson at rohoel.at mark.wilson at rohoel.at
Mon Mar 19 03:21:03 EST 2001

There are many places to get map data. But whether you can use it will depend
upon your geographic area of interest, what you want to display, whether your
use is non-commercial or not, etc.

You may find resources available from ESRI's Geography Network (
http://www.geographynetwork.com/data/index.html ), but these generally come with
some sort licence restrictions (check for yourself).

Also try some of the sites listed at http://www.freegis.org

Personally, I have taken my worldwide country data from the offering from Blue
Marble Geographics ( http://www.bluemarblegeo.com ).

mark W.

Jason Poulter <polt at snaptek.com> on 16/03/2001 17:25:43