AZ-C SPCS definition

Chad Streck chads at adci.com
Wed Mar 28 12:13:16 EST 2001

I'm working on a application that will display points on top of
imagery.  The imagery and the base data are in state plane AZ-C NAD83
FT, but the points I have are all lat long.  I defined the projection
for the point file as geographic, and I'm trying to define the AZ-C SPCS
for the main projection, but I don't seem to get the proper parameters.
I know that my low understanding of projections is probably at fault,
but could someone please help in defining the AZ-C projection, or point
me to a good reference or cheat-sheet on it?  I haven't been able to
find a good one so far.

I know I could just use ArcView to translate the point file to state
plane, but the future of the project will be using lat/long for the
points from an SQL database, so I need to get this projection working
sometime, and now would be a good time.

Thanks,
Chad