[mapserver-users] Possibility to display Buttons outside of the ROSA Applet?

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed May 16 09:49:39 EDT 2001

Christian Fuerpass wrote:

> I am using the Rosa Applet,  but there is a questions, which i couldn´t
> solve alone.
> Is there a possibility to use the functions of the rosa applet, but
> display the buttons (Zoom,Pan,...) outside of the applet? This is
> because there are always some parts of the Map hidden under this Toolbar
> and also the whole layout of my application would look better, if the
> buttons are displayed outside.

Christian,

You could create the applet bigger than your map image and then if you
position the map image properly (see the IMG_XY applet param) then the
toolbar wont be displayed on top of the map.  If you set the applet's
BG_COLOR parameter to the same color as your web page then users won't
notice that the applet is bigger than the map.  Also note that you can
set the absolute position of a button anywhere in the applet area using
the TB_BUT_..._XY parameter.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca