[mapserver-users] maplexer.c and mapparser.c

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon May 21 10:56:27 EDT 2001

Nighties are being built again so you can download that file and it will have
lexer and parser code in place.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

Eduin Yesid Carrillo wrote:

> I am trying to compile MS 3.5 but fails when VC tries to load maplexer.obj
> and mapparser.obj. Seems to do not exist maplexer.c and mapparser.c files.

Those files are generated automatically from mapparser.y and maplexer.l
by the bison and flex tools on Unix.  Since you're on Windows you don't
have easy access to these tools... normally the nightly build on the
MapServer web site will contain them and that's what you should use, but
I don't think the nightly.tar.gz that's there now is up-to-date.

The other solution (that's what we always do) is to compile the source
on Unix, and then copy the files mapparser.c, mapparser.h and maplexer.c
from the Unix machine to your PC.

In case you don't have access to a Unix box, I've placed a copy of the 3
files generated from the latest CVS source at
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/dl/mapparser_maplexer_20010521.zip

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca