[mapserver-users] PHP extension -rdynamic message

Greg Mader gmader at GeoAnalytics.com
Tue May 22 09:25:39 EDT 2001

Hi,

Forgive me for the newbie question, but I am coming from the ArcIMS/IIS
world.  I get the following message after compiling Mapserver with PHP
support.
-------------------------
----- IMPORTANT !!! -----
-------------------------
To use PHP extensions on your OS, you will need to recompile
PHP.
You need to edit the Makefile in the php3 directory and add
-rdynamic to the start of the LDFLAGS line at the top
of the Makefile.  Then type: 'make clean; make'
You can still go ahead and build the extensions now by typing
'make' in this directory.  They just won't work correctly
until you recompile your PHP.
If you are compiling php as a module, you should also add
-rdynamic to the start of the EXTRA_LDFLAGS in Apache
Configuration file.  Note that if you are using the APACI
build mechanism you should make this change in the
Configuration.tmpl file instead.

I am using the apache and PHP rpms that came with Redhat 7.1  Do I need to
do anything else?  Is this error message telling me that Mapserv will not
work with PHP?  What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks,

Greg Mader
GIS Analyst,
Chicago