[mapserver-users] gd1.8.4

Matt.Wilkie Matt.Wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Fri May 25 17:35:49 EDT 2001

Something which has worked for me (a couple of revisions ago. It may not
work anymore):

1) Download gif2png from http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/gif2png/ and run
it on the ms_demo directory tree. Then go through all of the files in
the demo (*.html, *.map, symbols\*) and replace any mention of .gif
with .png

Or, 2) See the 'Common Error Messages' section of
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/demo_readme.html for commenting out the parts
of the map file which use gifs.

-matt

Matt Wilkie * Yukon Renewable Resources GIS
http://renres.gov.yk.ca/pubs/rrgis/