[mapserver-users] Re: map file on the fly

Andrea Goethals andreag at geoplan.ufl.edu
Tue May 29 12:55:54 EDT 2001

> - the second is to know if somebody have built a site that write a .map file
> based on a form answer and the informations in a database ?
> My first idea was to built a map object directly without a map file but it
> doesn't work !
>
> Thanks,
> Jef

On my site, I have an option that I called "Make your own Map" where the
user
selects any datasets from a list (generated from a mySQL database) and
then
it creates a .map file and .html template on the fly. Note that there is
still
a lot to do in this app (allow reordering of datasets, resymbolizing of
datasets...) Right
now I have it so that it is assigning symbol colors randomly, similar to
what
happens when you add a shapefile in ArcView.

Andrea
http://www.fgdl.org/

--
| Andrea Goethals         |