[mapserver-users] Accessing MetaData from templates

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Nov 5 13:41:18 EST 2001

Use substitution strings of the form:

  [layername_fieldname]

So if you have metadata like this in a layer named 'test':

  METADATA
    'title'    'This is a test layer!'
  END

then [test_title] should be replaced with 'This is a test layer!'.

Web level metadata is not currently accessible using this scheme, although I could add that
support easily. Something like: [web_fieldname].

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Doyon, Jean-Francois" <Jean-Francois.Doyon at ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca> 11/05/01 08:50AM >>>
Hello,

I recall asking this, but I searched and I searched through the mailing list
archives without success ...

How do I access Web-level and Layer-level Metadata for use in templates?

Thank you,

Jean-François Doyon
Internet Service Development and Systems Support
GeoAccess Division
Canadian Center for Remote Sensing
Natural Resources Canada
http://atlas.gc.ca